Sunday, July 17, 2011

Designer's Corner 1: Amutey DeCuir (Bliss Couture)

Welcome to the very first installment of Designer’s Corner on The Plastics Blog! For our first post in the series, we have decided to interview a designer who is a staple of second life: Amutey DeCuir.

After four long years on second life, Amutey DeCuir’s Bliss Couture shop is up to 37,000 members (and counting). With the success of her store, Amutey looks back at her SL beginnings, and what got her started on her long and amazing journey as a second life designer. 

Kittee Skytower: 1st question is, how long have you been on SL?
Amutey DeCuir: 4 years
Amutey DeCuir: sorry was counting
Amutey DeCuir: lol
Kittee Skytower: lol its ok
Kittee Skytower: why did you start playing the game?
Amutey DeCuir: I've always been a fan of "the sims" when I was a kid
Amutey DeCuir: and I saw SL on a blog and thought it looks like sims
Kittee Skytower: cool :) i love sims also \o/
Kittee Skytower: when was Bliss Couture started?
Amutey DeCuir: around march 2008
Kittee Skytower: that’s a long time, so why did you decide to start designing in SL?
Kittee Skytower: and also, why formal wear?
Amutey DeCuir: the first place I arrived in sl was a ballroom, everyone looks like disney princess
Kittee Skytower: awww
Amutey DeCuir: I did really see a golden gown looks like the gown belle wore in beauty and the beast.
Amutey DeCuir: lol
Kittee Skytower: so, why did you decide to start a store?
Amutey DeCuir: My best friend made me to
Amutey DeCuir: she know I am an artist in rl and all we did is to shop
Amutey DeCuir: she think I should at least make something out of it instead of shopping (plus we got nothing left to buy), haha
Kittee Skytower: lollol
Kittee Skytower: what do you do in RL in terms of art?
Amutey DeCuir: mostly painting and photography but I also did installation ceramic and sculptures
Kittee Skytower: oh that’s so cool :D
Kittee Skytower: so was it difficult for you to learn how to make clothing in SL?
Amutey DeCuir: not really, it was kinda fun
Amutey DeCuir: but of course there were a lot of trail and errors
Kittee Skytower: what would you say is your fav part of being a designer in SL?
Amutey DeCuir: I think sl is a platform to feed my creative soul, I make whatever I want here without limit. I've images in my head all the time, either I've to draw them or make them in sl to get rid of them
Amutey DeCuir: sounds crazy lol
Kittee Skytower: haha
Kittee Skytower: so what would you say is the most difficult part of being a SL designer
Amutey DeCuir: I can’t think of any lol
Amutey DeCuir: I love every bits of it
Kittee Skytower: :D
Kittee Skytower: where do you get your inspiration from?
Amutey DeCuir: usually begins with the images in my head, at times I would have like 5 gown images in my head randomly
Amutey DeCuir: or hair or dresses
Amutey DeCuir: I just follow the flow lol
Kittee Skytower: do you do anything fashion related in RL?
Amutey DeCuir: I had a couple of boutiques in sydney and shanghai but I don’t have to run it myself
Amutey DeCuir: I basically sl full time
Kittee Skytower: what kind of clothes were there?
Amutey DeCuir: mostly cocktail dresses and accessories
Kittee Skytower: have you had any weird or funny experiences with customers or just in SL in general that stand out to you?
Amutey DeCuir: I had a customer who follow bliss since bliss started and we are not best friends
Amutey DeCuir: so far I'm lucky all my customers are very sweet, dont really have weird ones
Kittee Skytower: so what do you like to do for fun on SL? Do u still go shopping?
Amutey DeCuir: yes I love different kinda fairs. The rest of the time I usually stay in and make stuffs
Amutey DeCuir: lol
Kittee Skytower: :D
Kittee Skytower: so any advice for people starting out in designing on SL?
Amutey DeCuir: be creative and have fun, afterall sl is for fun
Kittee Skytower: great, anything else you'd like to add or tell our readers?
Amutey DeCuir: Bliss couture will be having our 3rd members appreciation month to celebrate our 37000 Bliss dolls, there will be over 10 gifts prepared for everyone :)
Kittee Skytower: :o
Kittee Skytower: nice!
Kittee Skytower: when does that start?
Amutey DeCuir: 22nd july to 21st Aug
Kittee Skytower: ok great, and lastly what are your future plans for Bliss?
Amutey DeCuir: in the very near future we will have our hat line coming :) and hair attachment and hairbase afterwards
Kittee Skytower: yay ty Amutey! oh why did you pick your SL name btw
Amutey DeCuir: hahahaha
Amutey DeCuir: i didnt know its a "name" name
Amutey DeCuir: i've to use forever
Kittee Skytower: aww omg lol
Amutey DeCuir: its actually A Mute y
Amutey DeCuir: I hate talking, well not anymore apparently lol


Amutey DeCuir
Bliss Couture Owner
RL Location: Hong Kong


No comments:

Post a Comment